Monday 14 June 2010

Storm Pendant - Black and Silver


I love these; they go with just about everything and they're so interesting to look at that I often find myself just turning the thing round and round and staring at it. Although, I do have a slight tendency towards distractedness, so maybe it's more to do with that...! Anyway, they are fun to make; a simple twisty, a bit of silver foil, and the bead built up in layers, so you can see through in parts to the core of the bead. It's properly 3-D. This was the first style of bead that I felt I 'created' myself. I mean, it's probably been done before, but I came up with it without reading about it in someone else's book or blog or whatever. I think that's called 'second order originality'. Anyway, I think it's great, and if you want it, you can find it in my Etsy shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JoopyAndSmith

Or on my website of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment